Backing up database with PHPMyAdmin
Modified on: Tue, 23 Apr, 2019 at 2:49 PM
If you are not using the Nimbus backups service, we'd recommend taking regular manual backups of your server to help protect your site against accidental deletions, corruptions and malicious attacks. If your site is database driven, part of these manual backups will be to take an export of your databases. If you have plesk or cPanel on your server, this can be done using PHPMyAdmin - the database administration tool. Please note that a PHPMyAdmin export works well with small to medium sized databases, but if you are having difficulties exporting a large DB, drop our support team a line and we'll assist with upping your default php limits.
1. Login to your Plesk account.
2. Navigate to 'Subscriptions' -> (Domain Name).
3. Click on 'Website & Domains'.
4. Click on 'Databases'.
5. Click on the Database Name that you want to backup.
6. Click on 'Webadmin'. This will open PHPMyAdmin in a new window.
7. Click on the 'Export' tab.
8. Click on 'Quick' or 'Custom' depending on how you would like to backup the Database. Then click 'Go'. This will automatically start a download via your brower of your database.sql.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.